I did not do in-depth planning for the upcoming term, like I usually do during the break month. We are two weeks into the term already. I need a plan! If you aren’t familiar with the Harry Potter Knit Crochet House Cup, or would like a reminder on how it works, visit my HPKCHC Spring 2014 Term blog post, which describes the game in detail.
I finally finished my first ever socks. Well, first ever adult-sized socks. I made 4 minisocks a few years ago, but I have never made adult-sized socks or even a Christmas stocking before. I started these socks in October 2013, and they have been sitting in my UFO (unfinished object) pile since November 2013, awaiting a new bind-off and afterthought heels.
I finished the Begonia Swirl Shawl before the July 13, 2014 deadline for completing Order of the Phoenix Missions!! Unfortunately, when I submitted my B.R.O.O.M. to propose my Mission, I specifically said that I would be completing a shawl of at least 800 yards. I didn’t think this would be a problem as the pattern said it would take 822 yards. I ended up using less than 800 yards, so my shawl couldn’t count for full points, even though it was done by the deadline. I turned it in for partial points anyway.
I am a day late with my weekly status report! In addition to out-of-town guests at my house from Sunday through Wednesday, I was dealing with Pepper’s health emergency. She’s going to be okay, but it took three visits to the vet in as many days. As a result of the guest and the cat, I did no fiber crafting at all for the past few days. I was making progress before that, though.
My original July 2014 plans were make a bunch of granny squares and finish the spinning for my OWL. Thank goodness! Since June was such a dismal failure, July has inherited June’s cast offs and I do not have to bump anything off my project list.
June is over! We are already halfway through the year! It is time to review my crafting goals for June and see if I met them or not. SPOILER ALERT: Not so great on the goals this month, but you probably guessed that from my lack of blogs for the last couple weeks. I’m not totally sure what happened. Let’s break it down.
The last few days have been a whirlwind of crafting and posting classes in HPKCHC. Now that the first month of term is over, I thought I would take a moment to see if I had met the goals I set for this month. I have three finished projects that have not yet gotten their own blog posts: the MAPLE LEAF shawl, the Ladderstitch Dishcloths, and some dyeing experiments. I will be writing up detailed posts on those projects and posting them over the next couple days. In the mean time, here’s the overview!