My original July 2014 plans were make a bunch of granny squares and finish the spinning for my OWL. Thank goodness! Since June was such a dismal failure, July has inherited June’s cast offs and I do not have to bump anything off my project list.
The theme of July is: FINISH ALL THE THINGS!! This is pretty much my personal plan every month, but during the last month of a HPKCHC term that personal drive to finish everything gets ramped up in a big way.
HPKCHC Classes / Detention
- One Row Handspun Scarf by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (on Ravelry; on her blog)
- Granny Squares
- A pair of plain vanilla socks
- Irish Hiking Mittens
- Diagonal Dishcloths
- Sheplova Mushroom Quinn Bag
- Hugo Monster
- Detention: Finish MAPLE LEAF the Third
The Final Round of Quidditch runs July 4 – 27 and has a 450 yard minimum. I plan to make MAPLE LEAF the Fourth. This is extra incentive to finish up MAPLE LEAF the Third as I need the needles from the Third in order to start the Fourth.
- Finish Begonia Swirl Shawl and turn it in by July 13.
- This means knitting 5% of the shawl / day, beginning on July 1.
- Spin the remaining 4 ounces of the Psalm 23 Farm fiber.
- Ply together the Psalm 23 Farm Fiber and the Ohio Valley Farms pin-drafted wool
- Spin & ply the 4 ounces of NGY fiber.
- Spin & ply the 4 ounces of Sassy Bee fiber
- Must be finished by July 31.
July 1 – 3: Knit 5% of the Begonia Swirl Shawl / day. Finish MAPLE LEAF the Third. Cast on Irish Hiking Mittens. Cast on Quinn Bag.
July 4: Spin the rest of the Psalm 23 fiber. Ply the Psalm 23 fiber and the Ohio Valley pin-drafted wool. Knit 5% of the Begonia Swirl Shawl. Cast on MAPLE LEAF the Fourth.
July 5: Attend spinning group in the morning. Start spinning the NGY braid. Knit 5% of the Begonia Swirl Shawl.
July 6: Out of town guests arrive. Knit 5% of the Begonia Swirl Shawl.
July 7-9: Out of town guests here. Knit 5% of the Begonia Swirl Shawl each day. Finish the Irish Hiking Mittens. Granny Squares in down times.
July 10-12: Finish the Begonia Swirl Shawl. Finish spinning the NGY braid. Finish the Quinn Bag.
July 13 -18: Hugo the Couch Potato Monster.
July 19-26: Chris on a business trip? Plain Vanilla Socks. Finish all spinning and plying for OWL. Finish MAPLE LEAF shawl. One Row Homespun Scarf.
July 27-31: Dishcloths and granny squares.