As expected, I haven’t had a whole lot of crafting time over the last two weeks due to office rearrangement. I finished rearranging the furniture and I set up the new computer. I’m now sorting through all my files, throwing away as much as I can. This is step 3 of household organization using the method Marie Kondo describes in her book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I read that book last September and have slowly been working my way through it. I had three file cabinets in my office. One was already empty of files, but being used for storage. The second was half storage and half files. The third is all files. I’d like to get two of them out of my office entirely, in order to make room for yarn and fiber storage. My yarn is currently in my bedroom. Some fiber is in the bedroom and some is in my office. I’d like all my fiber craft tools and materials to be in my office. I expect to have the office totally finished by the end of February! In addition to working on my office, I have been crafting three projects.
Yesterday was a busy day around here and I did not get a chance to blog my WIPs for the week. Better late than never!
UFO stands for “unfinished object.” I personally distinguish between WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs, though some people use the terms interchangeably. A WIP is something that I’m actively working. An UFO is sitting around waiting for me to get to it sometime. I don’t like to have a lot of UFOs. I do like to have multiple projects in progress, so I always have an option for a project that fits my current attention span and activities. But UFOs lurk in the back of my head, sucking up small bits of energy and sometimes making me feel guilty for abandoning them. I used to have a number of unfinished projects, but in January of 2013, I inventoried my UFOs and addressed all but one of them. Either I finished them or I frogged them. Since then, I have tried to finish up projects within six months or so of starting them. Despite those efforts, I have accumulated a few UFOs and I’d like to finish with them. Today I took the first step towards finishing them by taking them all out and determining what needs to be done to finish each one.
I haven’t posted progress in a couple of weeks as I’ve been visiting with friends and family. I’ve got a lot in progress at the moment!