The prompt for today is to take creative pictures. On this blog, I usually use straightforward pictures. However, I often take creative pictures of the pieces for fun or to include in homework submissions for the Harry Potter Knitting / Crochet House Cup. Professors often give bonus points for creative pictures! I decided to pull out some of my favorite pictures and share them with you today.
The Weasel of Wrath
In the fall of 2013, the Weasel of Wrath became a thing in Ravenclaw Tower. Every project I turned in that term included a picture of him and told a piece of a continuing story. The Headmistress Challenge that term was to write your own lyrics for a wrock song, with bonus points for recording it. I wrote lyrics, another member of Ravenclaw Tower recorded the vocals and instruments for me, and I put together a music video. The photos below are my favorites from that term.
I am transforming this website from a podcast site into a blog. Even though I only ever released one episode, I’d like to explain what happened and what my new plans are for the site.
When I first started the podcast last fall, I had a great deal of fun. I recorded 7 episodes, even though I only released one of them. My launch timing was rather bad, as it coincided with when Blip.tv started kicking knitting podcasters off their service. I had done a great deal of research on the technical aspects of launching a podcast before I did it. I had zero experience with how to set up a website, how to edit video, and how to do any of the small technical tasks related to getting a podcast into a pod catcher for viewers. Through my research I knew that I needed to have a media host, but I had missed the fact that YouTube can not be a media host as you do not have an RSS feed that talks to iTunes or any other pod catcher. I did not figure this out until I uploaded the first episode to YouTube and tried to figure out how to get the YouTube channel linked to iTunes. When I started looking into other options, I discovered just how expensive those other options are.
My Ravelry Project pages for samples of previously completed items:
Salmon Quinn Bag — This is the bag I finished in July and that is pictured in the podcast.
Ladder Stitch Dishcloth — This is the first dishcloth I finished, which was not shown in the podcast. You can see I made a mistake somewhere near the beginning, so it is kind of flared out at the bottom.
Pepper Pi — This is the first Kitty Pi I completed, which was pictured in the podcast.
Headmistress Challenge — This is my project page for last term’s Headmistress Challenge, which includes pictures of the bookshelves I polyurethaned.