Today is Veterans’ Day in the United States. November 11 is Armistice Day — the day that fighting ceased in World War I. The Great War did not formally end until seven months later, with the signing of the Treaty of Versailles, but the United States memorialized the cessation of fighting rather than the formal end of the war. (More background info on the Veterans’ Day is available on the website of the US Department of Veterans’ Affairs). Since today is Armistice Day, it seemed an appropriate day to post a review of this book!
I have a small collection of children’s picture books, even though Chris and I do not have any children. Most are books I personally loved as a child. When I come across amazing children’s books, I add them to my collection. When children visit our house, they get to check out the collection and I occasionally pick one up and read it myself just because it makes me happy. This weekend, I unexpectedly stumbled across a picture book featuring knitting, so of course it came home with me!
00:35 About Me
8:22 About This Podcast
10:31 Knitting Plans
Pattern Pages for the projects I plan to make in September
- Quinn Bag (free pattern; Ravelry Link; Website link)
- Ladder Stitch Dishcloth (free pattern; Ravelry link; Website link)
- Kitty Pi (free pattern; Ravelry Link; Website link)
- King of All Wild Things Crown (paid pattern; Ravelry link; Website link)
- Annis Shawl (free pattern; Ravelry link; Knitty website link)
- Evenstar (paid pattern; Ravelry link; Website link)
- Big Book of Knitted Monsters (Amazon.com link since these patterns are available only in the book)
My Ravelry Project pages for samples of previously completed items:
- Salmon Quinn Bag — This is the bag I finished in July and that is pictured in the podcast.
- Ladder Stitch Dishcloth — This is the first dishcloth I finished, which was not shown in the podcast. You can see I made a mistake somewhere near the beginning, so it is kind of flared out at the bottom.
- Pepper Pi — This is the first Kitty Pi I completed, which was pictured in the podcast.
Headmistress Challenge — This is my project page for last term’s Headmistress Challenge, which includes pictures of the bookshelves I polyurethaned.
Ty Beanie Babies Runner (Amazon.com link)
Squid and Octopus: Friends for Always (Amazon.com link)
My Contract with the Weasel of Wrath (Ravelry post link)
28:40 On the Needles
My Ravelry Project pages for the projects I showed in the podcast:
39:44 Goodbye / Credits